Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bengals and other Sunday Stuff

Nice pic of Sakura's love Apollo. It is like having a 2 year old child around. First is his obsession with closets and cupboards. If the door is open he MUST climb inside, if the door is not open he will open the door and climb inside. His favorite is the shelf inside the cereal cupboard for some reason. Then there is the basement. If anyone goes down there Apollo must go too and if Sakura is anywhere in the vicinity so must she. I think she goes because she knows I use treats to get her back upstairs again and she is getting really good at coming to call. Apollo just goes because Apollo is nosey and it doesn't matter where he is in the house, he hears movement on those stairs and he is there. Tonight I came back up to find Waya blocking his way, which was very smart of Waya.

Next Apollo has a 'thing' for the bathtub. We are yet to find out if he would actually like to play in water in the tub. When I can find a plug I will put some balls in there in lukewarm water and see if he goes in to play. If he does we can make that part of his play routine. Going down heating vents will NOT be. Apollo found a weakness in the vent in the kitchen and prised it up, it is missing a screw on one side, I caught him sizing up the hole he had made. I asked hubby to fix it. Next thing we hear a crash and Sakura's stroller has fallen over, Apollo sitting on top of it, my husband says it is like having a toddler in the house. Yet he would not go in it earlier when I took Sakura for a walk. In fact Apollo HATES to be picked up, but it is early days yet, perhaps in time he will tolerate just a bit more if he realises it leads to something nice for him.

I took Kasey our Cocker Spaniel and Sakura out for a walk together. There was no way I could manage the big boys and the stroller AND Kasey, or the big boys and the stroller for that matter. It is really intended for pack walks although now hubby says I had better find a tandem one so Apollo is not left out. Kasey walks beautifully beside the stroller, trotting along very content, I knew she would because she walks perfectly by the side of the kart at Petsmart. Sakura really enjoyed it, the sun was out, it was dry and not horribly cold. If she saw something interesting she would meow, otherwise she simply sat alert looking around and a couple of times she turned and looked up at me and gave a musical meow like.. 'thanks Mom this is FUN'. With Bengals intelligence I just think added stimulation like this has to be good for them.

Then I got some GREAT news. My sister and her husband, Vivien and Chris Dair have made it to number 7 on the Top 40 charts after being nominated last week for their song Angels. It is my sister singing. This is on www.aiiradio.net and I am SO thrilled for them. Also, Chris released his album What Chains? on emusic. They are also on Facebook. Chris is a really talented songwriter and guitarist imho and it is about time his music was more widely known in it's own right.

Then more kind of good news. The kittens are holding on so far. One of the kittens I treated has perked up and the other is keeping food down a bit better. They need another treatment tomorrow and Wendy also mentioned getting them to the vet. Please pray for them, they are tiny little things, eyes still blue and they have Mommy but she has been very sick too. In fact Wendy is splitting the litter to make it easier for the Mom and helping raise them herself. Wendy is awesome with hand rearing and able to give them all the time and attention 24/7 they need so I was really happy to be able to pass on some of my knowledge to her too.

Other than that hubby was working today so we took the dogs to the park late today. They had fun but Presley the black poodle who is only 2 yrs old stole Kasey's tennis ball but he brought it back so I threw it for him again, this time he not only didn't bring it back he destroyed it. His sweet owner is going to leave a new one in the shelter for Kasey tomorrow. Presley was having a fine old time running away from his owner and 2 other adults while he obliterated the tennis ball.

Finally we got home and ate a delicious beef stew I had going in the slow cooker, Sakura likes fall apart tender beef, she will even climb on your plate for it!

No comments: