Saturday, July 23, 2011

Georgie after Shopping Trip

James and I did the big shopping trip today for Georgie. Going along with Marilyn's instructions I got a couple of scratchers for her, she already has a vertical post but I added a flat one and a sloping one, very simple corrugated cardboard and I sprinkled it with the accompanying catnip and rubbed it in.

Oh myyyyyy... I don't think I have ever seen a cat so happy. I have some lovely photos of Georgie I will post tomorrow just loving her new furniture, scratching it, rolling all over it, rolling on the floor near it.. she was having a BALL.

Then I gave her some new mice, 3 different textured ones, one smooth with catnip, one like a lambswool and one fur, she loved the catnip best and did some wonderful moves tossing her mouse around in the air and catching it. Georgie would be a wonderful hunter of live mice.

By this time Georgie is looking like one happy girl but I didn't stop there. Next came the treats.

Instead of buying cat, Janet suggested I buy dog freeze dried chicken, made in the USA as it is cheaper than the cat version. Although some people refer to catnip as kitty crack, many people refer to this chicken as kitty crack because it apparently drives most cats nuts like nothing else. Try it. Please. Your cat will love you for it. I tried Georgie with a little bit I broke off.. ohhhh yeah! Pawing at the dish to get it out and eat it. So then I tried a treasure hunt, just as Marilyn had suggested and I almost couldn't hide the chicken fast enough and she was loving running around after me finding the chicken. It is a game to keep her mind occupied while she is alone.

Not feeling too great tonight but all the cats had supper, Georgie included, getting her beloved Friskies and tomorrow I will hunt with her in the morning and tomorrow night when she is the most ready for it.

Tomorrow.. photos.. promise.

1 comment:

Dragonsally said...

I get the dehydrated chicken for Tysie too - she (and the dogs) love it. I managed to pick up a dehydrater for a really good price a few months ago, and I've dehydrated very thin steaks for her too - she likes them even more!

It sounds like you are having so much success already with Georgie.