Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend. Mine was lovely. Lay ins, husband cooking, walks in the woods with our dogs and of course... cats.

It was Mowgli's 8 month birthday today, how time flies. My little guy is very special to me, very beautiful, to me he looks very ALC. He is cute and funny and I really love him being around.

I posted photos of Sakura today, my lovely girl had chronic pee problems as some of you know. It didn't go too well that she peed all over the back of our loveseat and curtains. I sprayed it with as much anti pee stuff as I could and I put the curtains in the wash. I took it as a sign Sakura needed more attention and her routine sharpening up.. sometimes things go a little awry over time. It may also be the mystery cat I have in the house.. not Georgie... a mystery secret cat.. all will be revealed eventually. So Sakura has been spending lots of time with us and having lots and lots of Mommy cuddles, good food and treats. When Sakura is happy.. we are all happy.

Then Georgie. I had a play session with her today. We are now well established in her routine, she gets fed twice a day, there will also be two play sessions a day and a treasure hunt. I discovered Georgie had found every single piece of freeze dried chicken and eaten it all. That might have been why she puked up a bit.. I have no idea, she is certainly getting good food and lots of it. So another treasure hunt for Georgie tomorrow but with tiny pieces of Chicken which I will have to pre break before I go in or she will go NUTS for the stuff.

I did the slow play that Marilyn said to do and had Georgie stalking and pouncing on her prey nicely. She didn't get over excited but I noticed one of her problems is door dashing. She has run out of the room twice before I could react and then she is either growling at the other cats or growling at me for blocking her way. She has not attacked though and I think that is FANTASTIC. In a couple of weeks time we are going to introduce Georgie to clicker training, as a door dasher this will be a really useful thing to do with her to train her not to.

I am already hopeful for Georgie to do really well but if she does as well as hoped I already figure she is going to have to be a one pet household with a person who has a lot of time to devote to her and continuing her training. I think Georgie will be the absolute follow you everywhere and want to copy everything you do kind of Bengal.. very intense.

But I do have a lot of hope for her.

2 comments:

Dragonsally said...

Mystery Cat? Ohhhhh. Waiting to hear all about her.

Dragonsally said...

and tick