Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Bengal is like a Wedding Dress

You know, I just KNEW that if I typed cat in a wedding dress in my search engine I would get a photo. Yep. Here it is. I just thought it would be nice to use an pic in the spirit of the post as it were.

You see... a Bengal is like a Wedding Dress. Not that I ever wore a store bought wedding dress but I have been shopping with a bride and I know how it goes and that is why it occurred to me.

A bride goes to the store with a particular kind of dress in mind. She wants one that is off the shoulder and with a big huge skirt like a fairy Princess. But she comes out having bought a slender fishtail gown with a corset bodice and spaghetti straps because it looked so darned good on her that she felt like a billion dollars.

And that was me.. and Bengals. I loved the red colors with the rosettes, that looked so exotic to me. And I really wasn't that keen on the marbles, I wanted spots. Then along came Sakura who was a color I had never seen before AND she was a marble and she was spectacularly beautiful and just MY cat.. and so she stayed.

So then, sometime in the future, I had fallen for the snow leopard type of Bengal, they look like something out of a safari photo. And I liked Sakura's small head in proportion to her body and her little ears. And then.. along came Apollo and I didn't like his color at all.. or his coat.. or his long face.. or his huge ears although I did like Apollo, if that makes sense. But Sakura liked everything about him, Sakura told me, 'this is a BIG strong man Mom and just LOOK at those muscles and that handsome face,' Sakura was in love so she showed him to me through her eyes.

So there you have it, metaphorically speaking, I didn't come out of the store with a single dress I liked, I came out with 2 that were just right for me and made me feel wonderful.

No comments: