Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday wonderful Sunday



I am not usually a lover of Sundays. Sundays signal the end of the weekend and return to work on Monday and if my job were Animal Rescue I might love that. On the other hand if that were my job one day would probably merge into another unceasing. But this Sunday is different. This Sunday I have two more days off yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!

Last night was lovely. I went to bed and lay there reading and very soon Sakura joined me. She shoved the book, pushed at it, the book was in her way. Once I put it down Sakura made herself comfy and did her comfort thing. When Sakura does her comfort thing the world stops, nothing is allowed to interrupt her, nothing. She nestles her nose firmly into my throat where it dips and reaches her strong front legs either side of my neck and begins to knead rhythmically, so strongly she moves my skin back and forth. She had begun to do this with her former Mom and will only do it with me. The bond between us right at that moment only becomes more powerful. When she was done she settled down with her legs over me while I read. You comfort me, I comfort you.

This morning I am making coffee, there is a lot of meowing. I look down and Sakura and our foster Bengal Mars are circling like Indians round a wagon train and yelling for breakfast. They have wised up. After coffee comes food and they want it right now, they are hungry. Fed Bengals are happy Bengals and after food comes cracker cat, that wonderful state where they thunder round the house and jump on chairs and crouch down with silly expressions while it seems there is so much electricity under their coats they can't contain it. I have always called this going cracker cat.


It occurred to me that I should tell you all that Sakura is the Bengal in the photo that goes with Soggy Fall and Bengals. She is my Bengal Queen, my newest baby and the light of my life, the one creature in our pack to bond the strongest with me.


At the top is Kasey our Cocker Spaniel showing JUST how Sunday should be. And below is Mars enjoying Animal Planet.


No comments: