Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sakura goes to Petsmart


Above is one of my favourite photos of Sakura and Mars. Hubby managed to snap it just at the right moment, you can make up your own caption, but my fave is, 'hey! Gimme Some!'

Yesterday we went to Petsmart all together. The stroller I got for Sakura does not have a detachable carrier, that was deliberate as they are so big and bulky. We have a Chevy Sedan and the boys pretty much take up the entire back seat, that leaves the front for me, hubby, Sakura in her carrier on my lap and.... Kasey. Ummm... where are we going to put Kasey? So she starts on the floor at my feet where she likes to ride, then on Dad's lap, not so desirable as he is driving, then we try her in the back, like Goldilocks looking for the perfect bed. Yelps from the back seat as clumsy brother forgot she was there announced this was not the perfect bed either. Oh dear.. maybe we need to rethink this entire all the pack at once in the car thing.

Once there I get the stroller from the trunk and put it up by the open passenger door while the tall dark one sorts out the dogs. Transferring Sakura is suprisingly easy, she likes her stroller, but one thing I did do was put a harness on her so that I had something to hang on to should she panic for any reason. When she panicked with the leash on she almost panicked out of the harness but using it this way kept her close at hand.

Sakura had a blast once in there. She LOVED the little lizard thingies that came to say hi, so did the dogs in their.. what the HELL are those??? way. She also loved the birdies and the mice and gerbils and don't worry folks I am quite satisfied they had no idea she was there, no panic, but she was really interested. She took a look at the foster cats and liked all the toys in the cat section when...

A lady in the cat aisle spotted her in there and moved closer to look..'OMG what a BEAUTIFUL cat!' So we had to stop for Sakura to be suitably admired and our animal stories swapped. The tall dark one wandered off bored to take our things through the register. Then of course we had to get Sakura out so that the lady could pet her, 'oh WOW,' I am now used to this reaction, had it myself the first time I touched Sakura. 'This is AMAZING, she feels like a Chinchilla!' Then I had to tell the lady a bit about Bengals and direct her to Great Lakes Bengal Rescue to take a look at all the different colors this cat comes in.

The tall dark one didn't think that Sakura enjoyed her outing. But I did. She was very content when she got home, purring and thrilled to see Mars. They are thick as thieves.

But that wasn't the only thing yesterday. Sitting on my couch I can see some of the kitchen cupboards. So I look up and my cereal cupboard is open and I think Stepson left it open again and then I realise what I am looking at. On the upper shelf a bundle of fur containing a pair of glinting cat eyes is staring back at me!!! It was Mars!!! Now understand Mars has a closet and cupboard fetish. If it is open he will go in it, if it is not he will attempt to open it to get in.. not for the food.. no.. he disturbed nothing at all.. because I guess, he just likes to sit in cuboards and closets. If you adopt him one thing is for sure, if you lose him go on a closet and cupboard hunt first.

James and I dread Mars being adopted. Sakura loves Mars and Mars loves Sakura. Hopefully she loves the next foster as much.

No comments: