Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cinnamon Marble Bengal

For those who have never seen one, here is what a Cinnamon Marble Bengal looks like. Finally I got a good photo of Sakura and her spectacular coat. Isn't she gorgeous? I got a really nice one of our very handsome Mischa too. It is as though he knows he is now home. He spent a lot of time tonight being petted and fussed and ended up on the couch between me and Dad, feet on Dad, head on my hand.. you try moving your mouse with a Bengal's head on it! When I wasn't feeling good earlier Sakura spent some time laying on my feet, it was very comforting.


Saturday afternoon is our time with the orphans at the animal shelter. We had I don't know how many cats and 31 dogs in adoption so it was busy. We have quite a few puppies and a couple of those went home including a pure bred 6 month old Siberian Husky and an adult pure bred Husky too. I adopted out a black miniature poodle to a nice couple, the dog was a mess with big mats of fur hanging from it's legs, tail and poor love, a huge mat on each cheek. They were headed straight for Petsmart for a makeover. They were wondering what to call him and I suggested Pepe, like the cartoon skunk because the dog had a flash of white on it's chest and a patch under it's chin. They loved it, so Pepe it is.


Before we left for the shelter I threw dinner in the crockpot, so when we got back we took the dogs straight to the dog park. It was a beautiful fall day, wonderful colors on the trees, huge deep blue sky and sunshine and we all had a blast, coming home when the chill really started to a nice hot dinner which I couldn't eat all of even though I had the points for it because I just didn't feel good. Lay down with Sakura and Mischa for a while. Today was darned near perfect.






No comments: